Das MGZ folgt den Empfehlungen der Gesellschaft für Humangenetik (GfH) und nimmt regelmäßig und mit Erfolg an externen qualitätssichernden
Maßnahmen (BVDH, EMQN) teil. Stand 18.06.2013 © MGZ - Medizinisch Genetisches Zentrum
- How do I get samples to the lab?
- Are genetic diagnostics covered by social health insurance?
- Do samples need to be cooled?
- Are there any special instructions when sending prenatal samples?
- Must samples be prepared in any way prior to shipment?
- What can a chromosome test do and not do?
- What are balanced chromosome changes?
- What are “marker chromosomes”?
- What method of payment is required?
- What kind of samples does genetic testing require?
- How fresh does a sample need to be?
- How long does it take to complete genetic testing?
- How much blood is needed for a cytogenetic or molecular genetic test?
- Are your paternity tests recognized by German authorities (child services, immigration, or courts)?
- Is taking samples painful?
- Can paternity tests detect inherited illnesses or other genetic predispositions?
- Can other familial relationships be clarified, i.e. between siblings?
- Does the child need to be a certain age?
- Does the child’s mother also need to be tested?
- What are the sample requirements for paternity testing?
- How exact is a DNA paternity test?
- How long does it take to complete a paternity test?
- How much does a paternity test cost?